Tuesday, July 20, 2010

life in bangalore

Well, we are finally feeling settled and adjusting to life in Bangalore.  Things have been going well the past few days and I think Aaron is beginning to see why I love India so much.  In a nut shell, here's what we've been up to lately:


Saturday:


~There was a WCOI board meeting so Aaron had his first encounter with the traditional Indian dish of biryani, which is often eaten during celebrations/important events
~We went to the near by shopping area, Commercial Street, but it was even more congested than usual, as it was a Saturday afternoon
~I caught up with one of my friends from my last trip, Raja, who came over for the afternoon with his wife


Sunday:


~We went to church at Bethel Baptist - also the same church I attended during my last trip
~We fully engaged in "the day of rest" and took a two and a half hour nap


Monday:


~We started working for WCOI by cleaning out the library, which I don't think has been touched in the last 25 years.  Lots of dust and bugs and I don't think we'll finish anytime soon!

~We took an afternoon break and walked over to Cafe Coffee Day.  Here's the view of Ulsoor Lake from the coffee shop:


~We got caught in the pouring rain on the way home from the coffee shop, but luckily it's only a short walk
~We headed over to James and Anita's house after work to spend some time with them.  We went for a walk and their daughter, Judith, ended up getting her ears pierced.  Anita made a delicious dinner and we ended up spending the night at their home

All in all we've been keeping busy and having a great time!

4 comments:

  1. Dont you love that there is a coffee day near by?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! it's quite convenient. Aar and I walked to MG Road today and were thinking how nice it is to live on a nice quiet road, yet still within walking distance of the hubbub of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really wishing I could have a cup of java from India!! We saw/talked with JP last night at jp's...enjoyed the newest pictures! Keep posting them and updating the blog!
    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going so well. It's good to see pictures of you guys. I enjoy your stories!
    Auntie Su

    ReplyDelete

 

avandia lawsuit