Thursday, June 17, 2010

less than a month!

Well, today marks 26 days until our departure for India - with LOTS to do before then.  A few of the things from our long list of things to accomplish in those 26 days includes the following:



  • sell the remainder of our furniture
  • book our hotels for SE Asia
  • plus a LOT more that I don't want to bore you with
It's kind of sad to move out of the apartment that we've called home for the past year and a half.  I don't think we have always appreciated it's uniqueness and location.  But we do know that the closing of this chapter in our lives means the start of another and are both very much looking forward to this next adventure.

We've had a few bumps along the way - including an emergency trip to Chicago yesterday to try and sort out our UK visas.  I received an email from the British Consulate on Tuesday saying that they weren't satisfied with our financial statement and it didn't meet all of their qualifications.  They told me I had four days to get them another hard copy or our visas would be refused AND we'd be out nearly $700.  Aar and I decided to head down to Chicago and hand deliver the new documents.  We were hoping they would be able to tell us immediately if the new documents were sufficient and were hoping they may even be able to issue our visas on the spot.  However, that wasn't the case and they told us we should hear by the end of the week.  The woman at the check-in desk said she thought they would be fine, but it wasn't as reassuring as we hoped it would be. Oh well - we should be hearing at any time!

I am SO excited to go back to India and to take Aaron there for the first time.  I have visited the country three times, but it has been four years since I've been back and I can't wait to see how much it has changed.  I have so many fond memories of India and I can't wait to share some of those experiences with Aaron.


Next post may be from India!

2 comments:

  1. Who knew that part of your adventures would include the quick trip to Chi-town! Praying the visa piece is all worked out...what an exciting time for you two! As much as I will miss you while gone, I am equally excited for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) We're excited too but are definitely going to miss family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

 

avandia lawsuit